Saya masih butuh bimbingan. Tolong dibantu ya . Arigato, Thank you, Syukron
Expressing greeting,
and parting
1.Greeting
Formal
·
Good Morning
·
Good afternoon
·
Good evening
·
Good morning
2.Initial Greeting
·
How are you?
·
How’s it going?
·
How are you doing?
·
How’s life?
Respond :
·
Very well, thank you and how are you?
·
I’m good/ okay/ alright.
·
Very well, thankyou
·
Oh, pretty good.
·
Not too bad, thanks
·
Fine,thanks
3.Parting
·
Bye!
·
See you!
·
See you later
·
See you soon
·
Good night
Respond:
·
Bye!
·
See you, Take care
·
Fine
·
OK
·
All right
Example :
Pandu : How are you Danang?
Pandu : How are you Danang?
Danang : I’m fine, why?
Pandu : You look so different today
Danang : Really? How do you look?
Pandu : You look so great
Gratitude
is an expression that we show or say to express grateful feeling to other people. Please say “thank you” when people give you something, help you do something, wish you something and give you a compliment etc.
is an expression that we show or say to express grateful feeling to other people. Please say “thank you” when people give you something, help you do something, wish you something and give you a compliment etc.
Kind of gratitude expression are :
·
Thank you very much.
·
Thanks.
·
I am grateful to……
·
I want to thank……
·
I want to express my gratitude to
·
I keep forgetting to thank you for……
Respon of expressing :
·
It was nothing at all
·
No problem
·
Glad to be of help.
·
(it was) my pleasure.
·
I am glad I could help.
·
I am glad I could do it.
·
I am glad I co You are welcome.
·
Don’t mention it!
·
Nould be of help.
Example :
Salsa : Budi, could you take
that pen for me
Budi : Of, course
Salsa : Thank you very much
Budi : I’m glad I could help
Expression of Thanking
·
I (Really) Appreciate..... (your coming, dinner, your gift)
·
Thank you (very much) fo time.....(coming, dinner, your
gift)
·
Thanks (a lo)t for (coming, dinner , your gift)
·
Thanks. It was a terrific party.
·
Thanks, I had a great! Sure,
Anytime
Response:
·
You’re (quite) welcome.
·
It was my pleasure.
·
Don’t mention it.
·
Glad you enjoyed it.
Example :
·
Adam : Can you help me to take that pen?
Sany : Yes,of course. This is,Adam
Adam :
Thank you so much for your helping.
Sany : You’re welcome
Expression of Congratulation
·
I’d like to offer my congratulations on....(your new job, your marriage, your new baby, your
new house)
·
Congratulations on ...( your
new job, your marriage, your new baby, your new house)
·
You must be really happy about...( your new job, your marriage, your new baby, your
new house)
·
I’m very happy for you. I hope you enjoy .....( your new job, your marriage, your new baby, your
new house)
·
Happy birthday!
·
Happy Anniversary!
·
Congratulations!
·
God Job!
·
Nice work!
·
How Furtunate
·
You did very well
·
You have done a good work
·
That excellent of you!
·
You are fantastic!
·
May I congratulate you on....(your sucsess)
Responding:
·
Thank you
·
It’s very kind to say so
·
Thanks for your saying
·
Oh,it’s nothing speciall actually
·
Thank you, I still have to learn more
·
Oh, not really
Example :
Lisa : I hear that you won in the competation of sains last week
Fifi : Oh, yeah that’s right
Lisa : That excellent of you!
Fifi :Thank you, I still have to
learn more
Expression of Suprise
·
Wow ! What a suprise
·
That’s a suprise
·
Really
·
What?
·
Are you serious ? You must be joking
·
You’re kidding
·
Fancy that!
·
I must say it suprises me
Respond:
·
Yeah
·
It is
·
Positively!
·
It’s true
·
I’m serious
·
No, I’m not
·
Does it?
Expression of Belief and
Disbelief
1. Expression Of Belief
·
Do you think he is honest?
·
Do you believe she is guility?
·
How can you believe that?
·
Do you believe in yorself?
·
What do you believe in?
·
Believe me
·
I swear
·
Trust me
·
Don’t you trust me
·
Do you believe it?
·
Don;t believe it. Do you?
Respond :
·
I believe that...
·
I believe you
·
I trust you
2. Expression Of
Disbelief
·
You won’t beliefe this but...
·
Do you know what?
·
This may suprise you,but...
·
I’ve got news for you
·
Do you belive it?
·
Wouldn’t you believe it?
·
Can you imagine that?
Respond:
·
Really? I find that hard to believe.
·
Are you joking?
·
I can’t see that.
·
I don’t believe it.
·
Are you serious?
·
You must be joking
·
Oh, no that’s not true!
·
You don’t say
·
Seeing is believing
·
That’s incredible
·
I don’t believe youy
·
I don’t trust you
Expression Of Compliment
·
You have a beautiful house!
·
I like your furniture (new dress, etc.)
·
This is food (is,looks,tastes) woderful/delicious
·
What a (good idea, greet dessert)!
Example :
·
Sasa : Hi Nani, This is dress for you. I made it by myself
Nani : That’s beautiful dress! You’re really a
talend tailor
Sasa :
I’m glad you like it.
Nani : Of course i like it.I will wear this in my
birthday party next week.
Expression Of Symphaty
There
are some expressions to show our symphaty to other people. Some of the example
are shown below
·
Oh, I am sorry to hear that
·
That’s too bad
·
What a pity of you !
·
Be patient, it would be
better soon
·
I take my sympathy to you
·
I sympathize with your
condition
·
I know how is your feeling
·
It would be OK soon
Respond :
·
Thank
you very much
·
It’s
very kind of you
·
I hope so
·
That’s pity, isn’t it?
·
Thanks for your sympathy
·
Thanks for your support
·
I would be OK, thank you
very much for your support
Example :
Desi : Why do you look so sad, Tasha?
Tasha: I lost my book. I afraid
My teacher must be angry about that
Desi : Be patient. I will help you to find the
book
Tasha: I’t very kind of you
Expressing
Happines
·
I’ts
really great. I’m so happy
·
I’m
delighted to hear that
·
It
gives me a great pleasure
·
Nice
news! Or Good news! It makes me happy.
·
It’s
lovely
Example :
Boby : I heard you to got a scholarsip. Is it right?
Iin : Well, that right
actually. Mr. Danang told me two days ago
Boby : You must be happy about it
Iin : Yes, I’m very happy. I
am so grateful to the God for giving me such an achievment
Expression Of Affection (Giving
Attention)
·
What should I do to cheer you up?
·
I really care about you
·
Don’t worry. I’m with you
·
What’s wrong with you?
·
Hope you will be fine
·
Are you OK?
Example :
Nita : Hi, Sally. Let’s we’re going to canteen!
Nita : Hi, Sally. Let’s we’re going to canteen!
Sally : Oh, Nita I’m sorry i
can’t
Nita : Why you look so different
today? Are you sick?
Sally : No, it doesn’t matter. I
just need alone
Nita : Hope you will be fine
Sally : Thank you Nita
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar